Sunday, June 30, 2013

July: Romance


For the month of July, the topic is Romance. This month on my blog I'm going to share my favorite romantic movies, songs, and poetry. Sometimes these expressions can be full of joy and sometimes full of tragedy. And I'm going to share both points of view.

Get ready for a lot of Pink, as this is the color commonly associated with love and romance. I'm going to take a look at Interior Designers and one notable Architect and how they use pink in their designs, furniture, and home accents.
 
And I'll explore the legend of Cupid and his infamous arrows.
 
To start things off let's understand the word. There are many different ideas of Romance that float around the world. One of my favorite definitions while exploring the word online was, "A mysterious or fascinating quality or appeal, as of something adventurous, heroic, or strangely beautiful." Indeed Romance can be quite adventurous. Full of twists and turns and vulnerability that can lead to many different types of an adrenaline rush.
 
Some see Romance as an affair (another common definition).  Ardent emotional attachment or involvement between people; love. But to put it in simpler terms, a feeling of excitement and mystery associated with love (above).

No comments:

Post a Comment